e-News September 28 | 2023/24 WMSC Registration | Sea to Sky Pass | Officials Courses and more...
The mountains are calling and the season is just around the corner, register right away! | Deadline October 31st
The program fees for the season are now ready for online payment! These fees are eligible for a payment plan with 2-installments (Deposit at registration, 1st installment on October 15th and 2nd installment on October 31st)
Please follow these steps to pay your winter program fees
- Select the Age team you are registering for (U12, U14, U16, FIS or Masters)
- Select a team program option ( core, core plus, extended, FIS in-season, FIS full year)
- Select full payment or payment plan option
- If you are making a donation to our Developing Champions fund, you must select a payment plan
- If you have pre-paid a program deposit, you will have the $1,000 deposit credit available, apply it at checkout
- Agree to WMSC Club policies
- Follow prompts to Checkout and complete the registration.
Athletes will not be permitted to participate in Club activities and / or training until they have registered to a winter program and delivered their signed and parent co-signed Teamship Values,Athlete and Parent Code of Conduct. All parents must complete the Respect in Sport for Parents.
Registration is quick and easy. Simply visit the links below to register today! If you have any questions or need assistance with the process call us at 604-932-4644
If you haven’t pre-registered to the season, you must register for WMSC and BCA Membership and purchase your competitor license at the link below
All WMSC athletes registered to a 2023/24 winter program are eligible to purchase a Sea to Sky Pass regardless of not being enrolled in any schools in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- Pass valid from opening day to closing day
- Valid for hiking and sightseeing including 360 experience during summer 2024
Dates and prices subject to change. Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable
How to purchase
- Every Friday until October 9th, we will send a report to WB sales with all WMSC registered athletes for eligibility
- Update your WB online account with a valid credit card
- Read the Epic coverage Terms and Conditions*
- Forward and email to email@example.com providing your athlete’s full name and date of birth.
- When sending an email, please ensure the purchaser indicates acceptance of Terms & Conditions
- Confirm the last 4 digits of the credit card on account.
- 72 hours notice is required in order to ensure the rates above are still available
- The Form is not required for club members
*Your purchase of this pass product is also subject to the Terms and Conditions for Epic Coverage available on epicpass.com Your election to proceed with this purchase indicates your acceptance of Epic Coverage Terms and Conditions.
Our goal for the 2023/2024 Season is $370,000.00 All monies donated to the Developing Champions fund supports the general operating costs of the Club allowing us to provide a high quality racing environment to young racers at more affordable costs. If you are planning to make a donation to our Developing Champions Fund (BCASF), this is done through Sports BC at this link Developing Champions fund in order to get a tax receipt.
When registering to a WMSC winter program on the links above, please make sure to select a payment plan at check out and contact the office after you have made your donation at 604-932-4644
After a heavy dose of AGM, racer dryland, and catching up with friends on Saturday, please mark your calendars for Sunday, October 29 and join us at the Level 1 or Level 2 officials courses:
is the intro to ski racing and volunteering roles. We discuss the different disciplines, various rules, and on and off piste roles for new parents to the Club. Every racer parent is expected to have their Level 1. It is not required for volunteering, but it provides members with a common knowledge base.
Date: Sunday, October 29
Time: 9 am to 3:30 pm
Location: WMSC Cabin Lounge
Instructors: Stan Kranjc and Roman Torn
Please register and sign up using alpinepoints.ca
Cost will be credited to racer account
(There may be other opportunities in Coast Zone later in season if unable to attend)
is designed for graduates of level 1 for those with some experience in chief or asst chief roles. This course will broaden your knowledge and prepare you to lead any role. We have carved up the time allotment this year to make Sunday’s marathon session manageable.
Date Wednesday night Oct 25 at 7:30-9:30pm Zoom meeting, intro and background:
Sunday, October 29 – 9:00 am -3:30pm at WMSC Boardroom (3rd floor)
Instructors: Bob Walton and Graham Ross
Limited homework prep from Wed, with guest practitioners Sunday
Please sign up with alpinepoints.ca to track your experience
Please bring your own coffee, lunch and water
Cost will be credited to racer account
Every Friday evening, we will meet as a club at the Whistler Olympic Park in Callaghan for a night of Nordic. Parents can meet other members and ski and socialize. Your children can join their teammates and coaches for an evening of skate skiing, monthly Biathlon lessons, and Nordic Ski Jump lessons too!
This is a great way to break up the drive from the city, and if you are already in town; it’s a great escape from the hustle of the valley. Great food and beverages are available at the lodge if you don’t feel like cooking.
This is a great way to develop good lower joint movement and power which will have a direct impact on your Alpine skiing. It’s also just another great way to enjoy our Canadian Winters with friends.
The cost is $100 for coaching. It doesn’t include equipment rentals or passes.
Buy your season passes online before the prices go up November 5. Kids passes are a steal!
Stay tuned for special WMSC discounts on Fischer and Swix Nordic equipment.
U10/U12 Ski Fast Fridays |Four Week sessions | Jan 12 to Feb 2 and Mar 1 – 22
Come and try out WMSC! U10 and U12 athletes we will run 2 – four week sessions during the winter on Fridays. Improve your skills, learn abut ski racing and make new friends. We ask that skiers enrolling in this program are capable of riding the lift without assistance and can ski all blue terrain confidently.
Location: Meet a Chicpea restaurant in Whistler Mountain
Dates: Jan 12 to Feb 2 and Mar 1 to 22
Time : 9 am to 3 pm
Cost $300 per session (4 weeks)
These programs are designed to augment training for athletes enrolled in other programs both here in Whistler, as well as from other clubs. Enrollment in these programs will make these athletes eligible for Sea 2 Sky ski passes.
Weekly Season Long Programs. (coaching, no lifts pass)
• Thursday Training: Start December 7, ends April 4 (13 Sessions): U14/U16. $1100.00
• Friday Training: Starts December 8, ends April 5 (13 Sessions): U12/U14/U16. $1100.00