e-News April 15 | EOY Awards and BBQ | Rob Boyd Bursary | Coaches Appreciation | May Camps
End of the Year Awards Ceremony and BBQ | Saturday, April 22 by RSVP
Join us on Saturday, April 22nd at the Whistler Secondary School (WSS) to recognize our athletes’ performances and successes. Meet at the MPR room at WSS from 4 to 6 pm.
To help with logistics, please register/ RSVP every member of the family attending the BBQ and Awards. There is no charge for the event.
Rob Boyd Bursary | Nominations Deadline extended to Tuesday, April 18
The ‘Rob Boyd Bursary’ is awarded annually, to the next seasons U18 athletes, making current 2nd year U16’s eligible for the award as well.
For the 5th anniversary, Rob is awarding not 2 but 3 deserving athletes a $1,000 bursary each that will be credited to their WMSC account. In time, as the fund grows, additional bursaries may be awarded.
Candidates should embody the ‘WMSC Teamship Values’ and include (but not limited to):
• Passion for the sport – ski racing as well as knowledge/skills/desire to ski all aspects of the mountains.
• Fairplay – showing positive attitude, assisting fellow athletes and appreciation for officials/volunteers (on or off the slopes).
• Be a role model/mentor/ambassador for the sport (yet perhaps have a bit of a wild side?!?).
• Work ethic – arrive early, stay late (to take one or two more runs – off piste?), show a willingness to assist coaches, collect/transport training equipment and gear when necessary
• Show potential and desire to be successful in racing, and when appropriate, give back to the sport.
Nominations should be submitted by teammates or coaches directly to the WMSC Bursaries Committee at email@example.com explaining why the individual should be considered for this award. Submissions should be in letter form and include anecdotes or examples that exemplify the individuals’ character and/or actions deserving of recognition and support
In the next few days, each family will be charged $50 per athlete for end of the season tips. This goes to the coaches for the enormous commitment that they make throughout the season. Tips are distributed amongst the coaches within each age category relative to the days that they worked through the season and coaches will get their tips at the end of the season.
2023-2024 WMSC Season Registration open until August 31st
To enable participation on our May and June ski camps, 2023/24 WMSC and BC Alpine membership renewals and new members registration is now open until Thursday, August 31.
• Renew or register to WMSC Membership and BC Alpine Competitor License **
• Select the 2023/24 Winter Program and pay a $1,000 Deposit
We are still finalizing our schedules and program fees and we will publish them as soon as they are approved.
- Please be informed that WMSC Membership and BC Alpine fees are subject to change
• "U12 Program ":https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WhistlerMountainSkiClub#/selectSessions/3323844/filter/session=59156742
• "U14 Program ":https://campscui.active.com/orgs/WhistlerMountainSkiClub#/selectSessions/3323844/filter/session=59155046
• U16 Program
• FIS Program
U12 – FIS May Camps 2023 | Now open for registration.
May camps are available to all U12s through FIS athletes. This marks the beginning of our new season and athletes will move up to their new age teams. The camps will be at Blackcomb Mountain.
To participate on May camps, family memberships, BC Alpine Fees and 2023/24 program registration must be renewed and racer accounts current.
• May 6th/7th – U12/U14/U16/FIS free ski and course environments
• May 11th – 14th – U14/U16/FIS – Free ski and course environments
• May 13th/14th – U12 – Weekend only, free ski and course environments
• May 18th/21st – U12/U14/U16/FIS – Free ski and course environments