e-News September 17 | Month of Listening | Sea to Sky Pass |21/22 Registration |Coaches update and more
Opening a Month of Listening – September 15th to October 15th
Over the last few years, I’ve used this period to hear from the membership and have dubbed it the Month of Listening. Though we hope every month is open for listening, it has been valuable to take this one focus in a specific four weeks to gain insights before the season. With this, I invite you to share your feedback with us. This can be stories, perspectives, questions or just getting something off your chest as it relates to the club’s activities of the past, present, or future.
To send an official submission and to make sure I catch it, you can do it in one of two ways. Either send an email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org with “MOL” in the subject line or as an anonymous option, click here for access the link to our online form. Either way is good with us, which ever one you feel most comfortable with. Over the month, I’ll go through them as they come in and respond as best I can. Sometimes if a handful come in at once, it can take me a bit to respond so with your patience, I’ll be sure to get to them all in due time.
Thank you in advance for participating and look forward to hearing from you
Sincerely, Mike Janyk
Sea to Sky Pass | $375 (Child and $391 (Youth) + GST | Deadline October 14th
All our WMSC athletes registered to the 2021-2022 Season are eligible to purchase a Sea to Sky Passes regardless of not being enrolled in any schools in the Sea to Sky Corridor.
- The Sea to Sky Pass allows you to ski from opening day to Closing day
- In summer 2022, get hiking and sightseeing access to the 360 Experience
- Dates and prices are subject to change. Passes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Learn more about the Sea to Sky Pass Perks
Every Friday – until October 29th, we send a report of WMSC Athletes to WB sales department which they will verify when you call
New Pass holders:
1. Print and Complete the registration forms Download here
2. Please email completed form to email@example.com for processing
Returning Pass Holders
1. WMSC Athletes who had a Sea2Sky Pass last winter can purchase by calling 1-800-766-0440 or by visiting Guest Services.
202122 SeatoSky Pass Application.pdf
2021-2022 WMSC Registration is now open and closes on Sunday, October 31st | BCASF Donations are due by September 30th
To Join our 2021-2022 Season:
1. Register or renew your WMSC Family Membership and Pay all BC Alpine Fees
U12-U16 | FIS
2. Register to a WMSC Winter Program. Program fees are eligible for a 3-installment payment plan (August 31st, September 30th and October 31st)
Winter Program Registration
U12 | U14 | U16 | FIS
- If you would like to make a donation through our Developing Champions Fund with Sport BC, please select the payment plan option at checkout.
- Donations deadline is Thursday, September 30th
- Contact us directly for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
On the head coaches front, I’m happy to announce we’ve have hired Ronan Mac Con as U14 Lead Coach, some of you may know Ronan from last season as he coached with the U12 program. He grew up ski racing on the hills of Southern Ontario where his love for the sport started, then coached through university and eventually heeded the call and moved west to the mountains. He has been working as a ski professional for almost 30 years, reaching his ACA Development level certified and CSIA level 4 certification.
“It’s a huge privilege to work with Whistler families and the athletes at a club with such a storied history. Skiing is truly the greatest sport on earth, and I hope to instill this love of the sport in the kids. Thank you in advance for giving me this opportunity.”
Ronan officially starts October 1st, so until then, keep directing your questions my way and we’ll soon share his WMSC email address to bring him into the fold. Please join me in welcoming him to the team and looking forward to a winter together.
Fall Dryland | Sport! Saturdays, Mini camps & North Vancouver Sessions
Now is a wonderful time to restart your dryland programs and we invite you to join in our programming. Back by popular demand we will host Sport! Saturday sessions for all programs to play games together. There are also regular midweek sessions, mini camps every second weekend and we’re reintroducing sessions on the North Shore. These sessions will be Wednesdays at Westview elementary in North Van, 5:30 to 7:00pm open to all age categories.
Please check your program calendars on Team pages for specific details. A reminder that athletes must be registered in a 2021-22 Winter program to participate with all necessary waivers signed.