ED Initial Communication | Summer Plan 2021
Hello WMSC Membership,
The first communication after a good first week, getting up to speed and making some plans for the summer. To kick things off, recognizing the time sensitivity to get summer programming started, below and attached are the initial plans for dryland, coaches and camps.
Coaches – With the departure of Conrad and Drew, there are openings and opportunities to work with.
- For FIS/U21, I’m stoked to announce that both Richard and Henry will be coaching this program with Richard in the Lead/Head coach position. Between both of them, they will run and coordinate the U16/FIS summer programming, I’ll also be helping as needed.
- U12/U14 – Matt will be in place to organize and operate summer dryland for these programs with myself helping as needed as well.
- Job Postings – Over the next couple weeks, we’ll get our U16 position posted as well as any other lead position roles that are open.
Dryland – Please see the attached one pager for the general summer plan with specific details such as times to come out shortly from the coaches via Team Pages. Here are a few highlights from the attachment:
- Starting this Tuesday, we will have a soft opening of the gym, available for U16/FIS athletes to drop in during specified hours to do their programs. One of us four staff members will be in place to supervise and ensure safety.
- June 5/6th will be dryland testing for FIS, U16 and U14. This will also mark the official change over date for athletes to move up to second year into the next program.
- For the families outside of Whistler, we recognize the challenges to make it to local drylands. We’ll work to keep up our engagement through online sessions, coach check-ins and as things open up Covid-wise, re-looking at what options there are to connect in the lower mainland.
I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the Board, Coaches, Blanca and Bob for welcoming me back into the club and helping make this transition as positive. I look forward to connecting with all of you, athletes and parents, over the summer, please reach out directly with anything to share.