e-News | February 13, 2020
WC Social | U14 BC Winter Games | Lost and Found
Whistler Cup Social and Volunteer Appreciation hosted by WMSC BOD – February 15 3:30- 5:30 pm
Be part of the 2020 Whistler Cup Team!
February 15, 3:30 – 5:30pm
Join us for a fun après ski social hosted by the Whistler Mountain Ski Club board of directors. We’ll serve appetizers and refreshments, and you can meet the volunteer organizing committee behind the 28th edition of the Whistler Cup.
The Whistler Cup welcomes over 400 U14 & U16 athletes from across the globe. To make this a success, we need you!
As hosts of the event, the WMSC needs more than 400 volunteers to make the event a memorable success for all. Want to know more? Then this social is the place to be!
• Meet the volunteer coordinator, Abbie – come armed with questions about what the right fit is for you!
• Meet key members of the Race Organizing Committee – learn all you can about what it takes to put on this event.
• Meet some key sponsors, without whom this event couldn’t happen!
• We’ll have event videos, sign-up sheets, Whistler Cup merch and more.
The Whistler Cup has a long track record of showcasing future stars and many of Canada’s biggest World Cup and Olympic alpine and ski-cross stars have also graced the event over the years, experiencing international competition for the first time on their journey toward success on the world stage!
We look forward to seeing you!
WMSC U14 Athletes going to BC Winter Games in Fort St. John – February 19 to 23Please join us to wish good luck to the amazing team of U14s representing our Zone on the BC Winter Games!
Ladies: Mia Aiello, Vanessa Young, Carys Griffin, Hannah Jensen, Sophia Cross, Madeline Wardle, Marlowe Cook, Aureane Emery, Lola Gilbert, Olivia Imregi, Heidi Schenk, Viveka Deck Stang, Marlo Parkhill, Nicole Doiron
Mens: Oliver Presello, Braden Aitken, George Sarkis, Maxim Akbulatov, Thomas Legg, JJ Gibbons, Seth Robert, Owen Staniforth
Lost and Found Items – Tuesday, February 18
Lost and found items will be donated this Tuesday, February 18. Please check and pick up your belongings.
Imagine 2020 – Telus Winter Classic – March 6-7 Tickets on Sale nowThe Whistler Blackcomb Foundation is dedicated to providing financial support to organizations whose activities provide benefit to residents of the Sea to Sky Corridor in the areas of health, human services, education, recreation, arts & culture and the environment with a special emphasis placed on youth and family programs.
We are proud to share that the WB Foundation has raised over $14 million for Registered Sea to Sky Charities making it the largest fundraising organization in the area.
The TELUS Winter Classic is for you if you are a person that:
- Hungers for an amazing breakfast at the Fairmont Whistler
- Is excited to explore the depths of the mountains with a Whistler Pro/Ambassador
- Feels the need for speed and friendly competition on our custom racecourse
- Enjoys Après after a long day on the slopes
- Likes to sample delightful wines and cheeses
- Has a love of dressing up for themed mountain top events
- Loves our community and supporting local Sea to Sky Charities
Apply for a Bursary – Deadline March 31st
WMSC proudly offers several bursaries every year to our WMSC athletes to help them achieve their ski racing goals. Please check the WMSC Awards and Bursaries list, selection criteria and deadlines and Apply today:
• Rob Boyd Bursary
• Dave Murray Bursary
• Jordan Schick Bursary