U14 Weekly Update - October 29th
Winter finally feels like it’s around the corner! Rain in the valley is snow on the peaks. Athletes have been working hard during our dryland sessions, whether it’s roller blading in the Creekside underground, or practicing coordination skills in the gym.
Please read through the sections below to stay up to date:
Marking your Attendance – IMPORTANT
Please mark your attendance on Team Pages (parents and athletes, where applicable) for the following upcoming events if you and/or your athlete are planning on attending. This helps us stay on top of budgeting and staffing, and will be used as an expression of interest to help us plan ahead.
- Athletes Safe Sports Session – Sunday, November 6th from 9:30-10:30
- Parents Safe Sports Session – Sunday, November 6th from 12:30-13:30 (lunch included)
- Club Fitness during the Parents Safe Sports Session – Sunday, November 6th from 12:30-13:30
- Mt Washington Zone Race (coach-led) – January 20th-22nd
- Big White Ski Cross (parent-led) – March 9th-12th
- Revelstoke Provincials (coach-led) – March 30th-April 2nd
How to mark your attendance?
1. From our website, log in to Team Pages.
2. Programs > U14 Program > Calendar > Select the Session > Scroll down to Attendance
3. Athletes (Players) and Parents can both mark their attendance.
Individual Family Meetings
Please use the link below to sign up for our one-on-one family meetings starting next week. These meetings will be limited to 15 minutes per athlete and will give us the chance to discuss the upcoming season and program. Athletes are strongly encouraged to join this meeting!
Please fill out this form prior to our scheduled meeting: https://forms.office.com/r/ixMJWDkrvd
Sign-Up Here: https://signup.com/go/CJUOjhu
Join on Microsoft Teams
Meeting ID 272 756 614 563 / Passcode UGi3zZ
Safe Sport Session with ITP Sport
ITP Sport is leading a Safe Sport session for athletes and parents on Sunday, November 6th at the WMSC Club Cabin. They are leading the charge in the Safe Sport movement, and this is an incredible educational experience for all.
9:30-10:30 – U12 and U14 Athletes
11-12 – U16 and FIS Athletes
12:30-1:30 – All Club Parents (lunch included; coaches will run fitness for the athletes during this time)
UPCOMING DRYLAND SESSIONS
(November 5th) – Join us for the last Sport Saturday of the season!
Location: Myrtle Phillips Lower Fields
Meeting Time: 10:00 to 12:00
Gear: runners, activewear, water, waterproof layers
(November 6th) – Fitness during the Parents Safe Sport Session
Location: WMSC Club Cabin
Meeting Time: 12:30 to 13:30
Gear: runners, activewear, water
WhatsApp U14 Coach Updates
If you haven’t joined this group yet, please let me know and I will send you the invitation link directly. Coaches will use this group to send reminders, updates, and important information throughout the season. Only coaches will be able to message the group; if you need a coach, please contact them directly (direct WhatsApp, email, or call).
U14 FRIDGE CALENDAR
The fridge calendar is now available on Team Pages. Athletes may register to extra training days with the office before the Sunday of each week.
TEAM PAGES APP
Our Team Pages App is up and running and has outlines all events happening in our U14 Division Calendar. We ask that each athlete get into the habit of using the attendance feature to indicate whether they will be attending events.
This is our hub, and all information will flow through this platform for the duration of the season. Events will be updated as our plans change, so please do your best to check all events before showing up; ensuring you have the right gear for a successful session!
- October 29th-30th – U14 Mini Dryland Camp
- November 5th – Last Sports Saturday!
- November 6th 9:30-10:30 – Safe Sports Session for U12 and U14 athletes
- November 6th 12:30-13:30 – Safe Sports Session for Parents
- November 6th 12:30-13:30 – Fitness at the WMSC Club Cabin during the Parents Session
- November 18th-27th – U14 Sun Peaks pre-season ski camp
- December 8th – Opening programming week
- December 19th-21st – Holiday Camp 1
- December 27th-30th – Holiday Camp 2
- December 31st – Club Race
WMSC U14 – Lead Coach