e-News September 10 | Program Fall Calendars | Fall Dryland | Coaches Update |
Welcome back to Fall
Well, it’s not technically fall yet, but welcome none the less and hope everyone is settling into the change of seasons. We’ve had a fun and productive summer of dryland training with all the age groups and have been putting our efforts towards prep for the new season. There was even a social BBQ :) In the E-news we have some Calendar, dryland and coach updates, please have a read and reach out with any questions.
Program Fall Calendars populated
We’ve added in dates of dryland, camps and events into your respective program’s calendar on the website. Please give them a look and here are some key dates as a snap shot for you:
- Sept 15th – New Family info session | 6pm to 7pm online
- Sept 29th – FIS Family info session | 7pm to 8pm online
- Oct 4th – U12 Family info session | 6pm to 7pm online
- Oct 6th – U14 & U16 Family info sessions | 6pm to 7pm & 7:15pm to 8:15pm online
- Oct 9th – WMSC Ski Swap and Turkey sale
- Nov 6th – Fall kickoff, AGM, Fitness testing
- November – Pre season camps, check specific programs
Fall Dryland | Sport! Saturdays, Mini camps & North Vancouver Sessions
Now is a wonderful time to restart your dryland programs and we invite you to join in our programming. Back by popular demand we will host Sport! Saturday sessions for all programs to play games together. There are also regular midweek sessions, mini camps every second weekend and we’re reintroducing sessions on the North Shore. These sessions will be Wednesdays at Westview elementary in North Van, 5:30 to 7:00pm for all programs.
Please check program calendars for specific details. A reminder that athletes must be registered in a program to participate with all necessary waivers signed.
Lead Coach Update
We have some new for you on this front, see below for specific programs:
- U12 – We have officially hired our new U12 lead coach Jack Evans. Jack actually coached with the ski club for four winters with the U16 program, most recently six years ago. Originally from England, he raced for the British team as an athlete and since his time at the club he’s been working throughout Europe with ski instructors, in New Zealand as manager of team Treble Cone race club, and running his own adult performance camps. Jack’s excited to be back in Whistler, with the club and working with kids again. Please join me in welcoming Jack back to the club and if you have any questions, you can reach him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- U14 – We have someone we’re in talks with, but it’s not official yet so hopefully have something to share with you by next week.
- U16 – Our U16 lead that we’re planning for is Jessica Haslau. Jessica is Australian, raced to a Nor-am level as an athlete and has been coaching for the last 10 years between a couple US ski clubs and Australia. I say “planning for” because though we have an agreement and things are moving in the right direction, we are in the visa/work permit process and going through the required hoops and challenges. We hope to have some news coming our way soon and her in Whistler by early October.
As soon as things become official, we’ll let you all know the news. Thanks for your patience through this year of transition.