Notice of 2020 Annual General Meeting | November 7th
NOTICE OF 2020 ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
NOTICE is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Whistler Mountain Ski Club will be held on Saturday November 7th, 2020 at 11:00 am by Zoom call:
Meeting ID: 883 0657 1201
1. To approve the Minutes of the 2019 AGM;
2. To receive the Report of the Board of Directors;
3. To receive the Financial Statements for the year ended April 30, 2020;
4. To appoint Auditors for the current fiscal year;
5. To set the number of directors for 2020/2021 at 11;
6. To elect directors for 2020/2021; and
7. Other business
We look forward to (virtually) seeing you at the Club’s Annual General Meeting on November 7th.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
John Legg, Chair
Pursuant to By-Law 9.5 the following information is provided:
New nominee directors recommended by the Club’s Nominating Committee:
- Carmine Boskovich
- Stan Kranjc*
Incumbent director standing for re-election
· Nicole Stefenelli, Club Secretary
· Graham Ross, Competitions Co-Ordinator
· Jason Shorter, Alpine Committee Chair
· David Brownlie
· Steven Fleckenstein*
Directors continuing their terms:
· John Legg, Chair
· Robert Toole, Incoming Chair 2020-2022*
· Scott Griffin, Finance Director
· Rand Neeves*
- Independent by reason of not having children in Club programs.
If at the AGM the number of nominees equals or is less than the number of vacancies, then the nominees for Director will be acclaimed. If at the AGM the number of nominees exceeds the number of vacancies, there will be an election and the nominees will be ranked in order of votes received; the nominees receiving the most votes will be elected fill the vacancies and to serve for a term of two years.
Pursuant to By-Law 9.8, members may vote by proxy. Members wishing to vote by proxy must complete the Proxy Form and return it to the Club office at least 48 hours prior to the AGM. Members are urged to either attend the meeting or return their completed proxies to ensure a quorum (10% of eligible members) is present at the meeting. Non-receipt by any member of any notice through error or omission will not invalidate the proceedings of any general meeting.