2018-2019 Season Kick-off and Fitness assessments, December 1st
Calling on all WMSC Athletes and Parents!
The Whistler Mountain Ski Club will be holding its first Annual Season Kick-off Meeting & fitness assessments on December 1st, 2018 at Whistler Secondary School.
As critical information for the season will be communicated in the meeting
Parents: 9am – 12:30
Athletes: 9am – 1:30 Athletes should bring food & drinks for fitness assessments
The day will include:
• 2018-2019 Season-Opening Remarks & Presentation of 2018 – 2019 Coaching Team
• “Developing the Athletic Pathway for Ski Racing in Canada”, Anders Hestdalen, General Manager of BC Alpine
• “Culture & Teamship”, Mark Tilston, Executive Director
• 2018 – 2019 Age group category meetings
• Annual pre-season athlete Fitness Assessments
• “WMSC Operating and Governance Structure”, John Legg, Chair
• Annual General Meeting
In advance of the Kick-off Meeting we are requesting that all parents complete the Respect in Sport – Parent Module. In recognition of the current movement towards improving the ski racing environment for all athletes and parents in Canada, going forward completion of Respect-in Sport Parent Module will become mandatory for all club parents.
You can complete the module through the BC Alpine website at https://alpine-canada-parent.respectgroupinc.com There is a $12 fee to complete this module payable online.
We also ask that in advance of the Season Kick-off Meeting all parents and athletes review the Athlete Code of Conduct and Teamship Values Statement. All parents and athletes will be required to sign the Athlete Code of Conduct and Teamship Values Statement prior to any post December 1, 2018 on snow activity.
This is going to be an exciting start to WMSC’s 2018 – 2019 Season! I look forwards to see you all see you there!